Extra Practical Canine Class Assessment 15 Jan 2021
We are holding a "catch up" Practical Canines assessment on January 15th at 2pm which is open to current and past Practical Canine class participants and anyone else who would like to see if they qualify. If you gain your certificate it will count towards the Wellington City Council Responsible Dog Owner (RDO) discount.
Please Register as there are limited places.
- When: 2pm 15 January 2023
- Where: Meet at the grassy bank by the Te Papa Staff Car Park (https://goo.gl/maps/ki9XeF9Srmjkkbwh6)
- Bring: Bring your regular lead and a long line if you have one and lots of treats
- Cost: $15 for members, $35 for non members
Criteria to Pass
We will be looking for the following behaviours on cue - you're welcome to use hand signals and reward your dog after the behaviour but no lures (food in hand while asking).
- 30 second stay (either sit or down)
- Recall (on a long line)
- Walk nicely on a loose leash
- Greet a friendly stranger
We don't expect perfect loose leash walking, but we will be looking to see how you re-engage your dog if/when they get distracted.